My (real life) friend Laurel tagged me in a meme.
Rules of the Meme…
1. You must post these rules.
2. Each person must post 11 things about herself on her blog. (Answer the 11 questions the "tagger" listed for you.)
3. Each person must create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
4. Each person must choose 11 people to tag and link to them in the post. (Go to each blogger’s page and mention that you have tagged them.)
1. What is your Favorite Dessert?
This really depends and is probably the hardest question of the 11 to answer for me. Guess you can see where my priorities lie?
I like the following: Strawberry shortcake, Dove milk chocolates, Salted caramels (and the ice cream too), peanut butter and chocolate ice cream.
2. What is your Favorite Book (not the Bible)? Why?
Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein
I have lots of fond childhood memories of my parents reading me the poems from this book and I spent a great deal of time memorizing them- that's how much I loved them.
3. What is your Favorite Book of the Bible? Why?
I find it very inspiring and I feel that I find answers there.
And I do love my poetry- especially when its so comforting.
4. When did you give your life to the Lord?
The Lord has always been a part of my life. But as an adult I would say that I truly gave myself to the Lord after 911. I think it was the time that my husband and I realized we had something HUGE missing from our lives. Our spiritual lives were casual and unfulfilled. Our commitment was luke warm.
5. What is your Favorite Childhood Memory?
I loved family vacations and spending time in New Hampshire with my cousins. Being on my grandparents farm. My parents really talking to me about life and sharing things about thier lives. Being involved in the theatre as a child. My parents giving me the space to explore and get my hands dirty.
6. What is your Worst Childhood Memory?
When my parents divorced. I was age 7. It was ugly. There was a lot of fighting and yelling behind closed doors. I desperately wanted them to get back together most of my childhood. (Which now I see- would have been a nightmare.)
7. What Character Traits make your Best Friend your Best Friend?
What character traits doesn't my buddy have?
Calm.Compassionate.Honest. She always remains calm. She is always compassionate. She is always honest. (Even when its hard to be honest, even when its something I don't want to hear, she always says it like it is.) She makes me slow down and really think about things when I need to.
She is smart as can be. Hilarious and so much fun to be around. And outgoing to boot. Who could ask for anything more?
She is not a fair weather friend. She would never back stab me or blow me off once she makes a commitment to me. She is realiable. She genuinely cares about my happiness and well being. She forgives my flaws.
Balanced. Self Sacrificing. Good ethics and morals.
Need I say more? :)
8. What do you see as Your Most Important Character Trait or Virtue?
I would say honesty. Honesty with yourself and with others.
9. What person in the Bible do you most relate to?
Mary Magdalene. For the forgiveness that she recieved and the love that she gave.
10. What Scripture Verse do you cling to in times of trouble?
A dear friend prayed this with me for Jude when we were trying to get him medical care.
It will always have a special meaning to me and the message sits right next to my computer.
I cling to it daily!
11. List the 5 Top Defining Moments of your life.
1. Growing up with divorced parents and having indiviual relationships with both those parents (I know thats bigger than a moment- but its SO defining. Both of my parents are very different but both gave me so much of what/whom I am today.)
2. Living in Australia away from family for a year of high school, and again at Americorps NCCC for a year of college. Both were fundamental times of people and events that molded me.
3. Giving birth to Grace in college- becoming a single Mom.
4. Becoming a foster Mom, meeting my husband, becoming a step Mom to four children- all in the same year
5. Going to Haiti for the first time and bringing Angelina home.
That was HARD Laurel- you have tough questions!!
I want to TAG YOU!
If you (blog readers and friends) are bloggers too- would you mind participating in this MeME? Can you leave me a comment and link me to your blog. Then we can all read each others and won't that be fun?? Come on- participate!!
Here are my 11 questions for you!
1. Whats your favorite item? (Pc. of clothing? Special childhood momento? etc.)
2. Who inspires you the most?
3. The number one thing on your "bucket list"?
4. What's your favorite movie?
5. Whats the one thing that your spouse/partner/child does that irritates you?
6. Your lowest low in life...
7. Your highest high in life...
8. One thing you love about yourself.
9. Are you honest with other people even if it hurts their feelings? Why or why not?
10. Do you have any regrets in life?
11. Your dream date... do tell!