- I have about half of my body in the bed already as I write this and the Melatonin Plus (Costco we love you) is kicking in.
- We are having our annual Halloween party tomorrow and I am rotating caramel apples and the eggs in and out of the fridge because we are out of space in two fridges and one large freezer. That's pretty sad.
- Kendra- I forgot to call you back about the bubble machine so I am going to blog about it so I don't forget. I couldn't find one for your haunted house (the kids are so excited) but we want you all to come over for dinner if you can before T or T time. I can make some vegan home made pizza- not to worry. I even have the fake pepperoni. Don't get too excited. Call me. :)
- I have been really bad about returning phone calls and emails in case you were wondering. It's kind of been a long week.
- I have officially become Hard Core. I think that I have spent way too much time letting people take advantage of me- hard core is the only way to be here on out. (Did you see Grey's Anatomy this week?)
- My husband is officially OFF work for now. Hello winter before November. Pray for a new contracts soon. I can only take so much court TV and girly love movies. (lol just kidding honey- I am making a to-do list for you!)
- First thing on the to-do list is to re-ferberize baby Bear because he is currently unferberized and crying. Second thing is that if you want to have long hair (midlife crisis boy) then you need to learn how to put in your own pony tail. You have lots of time on your hands now honey for this sort of thing. (teeheehee)
Jeremy and Danny 2003)
- Lauren has been carving her pumpkin for 3 hours. I think she is going for the world record art piece here- pictures coming soon- its got a theme I think.
- I bought Boursin for the party tomorrow. Do you know this cheese? I had skipped dinner because I was elbow deep in a pumpkin and then got hungry after the fact. David and I at the whole thing. I still feel ill hours later but it was so good.
- I wanted to post something about the news article about the HIV ban. I know that the ban was affecting many adoptive parents. When it was time for their precious newly adopted children to come "home" to the USA- they would then have their Visa denied and have to apply for a special Visa waiver in order to bring their children home. It added time, confusion, and hassle to their process for their children who need to come home faster than other children. So this was truly a blessed event!
- I wanted to put out a reminder about the bloggy world- people are not always what they seem to be portraying themselves as. Situations aren't always what they are portraying them to be either and you have to be careful folks! Just be aware of that. (Just a friendly safety and reality reminder.)
- Angeline had her regular flu shot this week. I had an entire pack of gum in my purse for her to claim as her own when the shot was over. She was so brave. Only her bottom lip quivered for a few seconds while it was being injected- then she said "thanks for my shot!" to the nurse and held her little hand out for her gum. "Thatta girl Beanie!"
- Bear has two potential Halloween costumes and I don't know which one we will have him wear. One is more masculine and one is more feminine (a flower). He just looks so darn cute with those big eyes and that big flower around his head!
- Angeline has been talking a lot about her van that was on fire. She also hasn't been wanting to attend school since she had the H1N1. Its been very challenging to get her on the bus in the morning. She only made it one day last week. The situation is only made worse by the fact that they have changed bus drivers SEVEN times and we never know who is going to show up at our door. I called and vented to three district employees about the situation. Particularly disturbing was the driver who didn't know how to use the wheelchair lift. Pray for her sweet heart. We will start the transition thing again on Monday and see if it helps her feel better about going to school.
- We feel at the weeks end that we have a better grasp on what exactly is going on with Isaac's file and we ask for your continued prayers. More soon...
- We will be going trick or treating on Halloween, we will also likely have all the older children go to a haunted house at the school late tonight with the "dads". We don't feel as if we are doing anything more than a family tradition and a fun time. Keep in mind that my husband and I were both raised Catholic and came from that perspective- if you care to read more- go here. http://www.ancient-future.net/halloween.html or here http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/80008/it_is_halloween_what_is_a_christian.html?cat=7 I am thankful to have several other Christian families coming over to join in our traditions and we feel good about that!
- HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!